7.23.2009

Wasting Minutes

(Check out song #17 "Carry Me" for this entry)
I was talking to my friend today and she called me on my cell phone. We were talking for some time and she stopped in the middle of our conversation and asked me if she was wasting my minutes.
I was taken aback.
Why would she be wasting my minutes?
I told her that there's no such thing. She asked what I meant, what kind of phone plan did I have?
I started laughing and explained to her that I wasn't referring to the phone plan I have. Instead, I was referring that talking with my friend is never a waste of my minutes.
She thought that was sweet but I also hope that she knows I was sincere.
I recently reached the ripe old age of 32 and I've had a lot of experiences with people of all walks of life.
There have been people I've loved and let go and there have been people I've loved and lost and there have been people I've loved and are still close to my heart, who I talk with often (or as much as I can).
For those of you who know me and for those of you who have yet to meet me, I always trust and love the person you are at first meeting, maybe a bad thing for me but I'll take my chances. It's where our paths cross after that, that will either build that relationship or dwindle it.
I think I can say that throughout my years I have built more relationships than those I have let dwindle.
I'm the friend you can trust when you ask, "Please don't tell anyone."
I'm the friend you can count on to tell you the truth, but gently.
I'm the friend you can turn to when everyone else has turned away.
So, if you're ever wondering if you're wasting my minutes my answer is :
I'm the friend who listens.

No comments: